Wednesday 16 April 2014

My Trip To Paris - Day 4: A Last Day Sprint to Notre Dame and Sacre Coeur


Shout out to  for sending me to Paris!


I saw this funny sign on a power box in the metro station.

GOD SHALL SMITE THEE!   XD


They sell condoms from a dispenser in metro stations. Lots of people in Paris having a 'fun' time?  =P


There are lots of signs like this too. So lucky we didn't come across these people. *Phew*


*yip yip yip yip*  The pom pom is so cute!!   X )



Saw this 3 wheel motorcycle. 



Shakespeare and Company

So today is the last day and we didn't have much time left. My friend told me about this famous bookstore called Shakespeare and Company. She wanted a book and a bag from their store, and if you buy a book, you can get their Shakespeare stamp in the book. When I was researching the place, I found that it was near Notre Dame so it was very convenient to go there. The problem was looking for the place. I knew the general location of the place but I walked a long way to find it.

We took the metro to Saint-Michel. We passed by the Fontaine Saint-Michel.


Walking along the row of shops, I saw this cute little restaurant called Le Petit Chatelet. I love this kind of rustic French designs and had to take a picture of it. Right at that moment, I was wondering where the heck that bookstore could be because I walked a long way and still couldn't see it. And then I noticed that the bookstore was just next to the restaurant. *facepalm*



It was still closed since it was still early in the morning and the store only opens at 10am. I did go back to buy the books after climbing up Notre Dame. It was really crowded and it was such a small space that it was difficult to move around inside. I wasn't allowed to take pictures so I can show you guys what it looks like inside, but all you bookworms would love this place. And surprisingly, the poeple working there were British. I didn't expect that, but maybe I should have since it's Shakespeare? *shrugs*



 Up up up to the top of Notre Dame

And we're back at Notre Dame. It was a Saturday so they were having mass inside.


Mass at Notre Dame


This is a diagram showing the stairs up to the top of Notre Dame.



MORE SPIRAL STAIRCASES! My brother nearly literally white-out after climbing up to the top. 
Care to guess how many steps we had to climb? 387 steps! *faints*


Once we reached the top, I saw this cute little door. For Quasimodo?  =P
I decided to have a look inside through the glass. 
And I saw...


* cue music from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame *

... the Bells of Notre Dame


Gargoyles atop Notre Dame.


View from up on Notre Dame



Montmartre and Sacre Coeur 

We took the metro to Anvers and made our way up to Sacre Coeur. We passed by a lot of lovely houses on the way.


I saw this on the wall. Kermit for President anyone?


I love windows with wooden shutters.



Single seat smart car. This is just too cute.


Have you seen this missing parrot?


At the top, it's really happening and the place looks a little like a carnival because you see lots of colourful stuff, souvenirs, and people busking. There were some who were singing, playing instruments, painting, etc. But you have to be careful here since this is one of the places where most pick pockets are because it's a really crowded street. So if you want to avoid all that and especially if you rushing like us, my advice is DASH, DUCK & DIVE!  XD


All over Paris, I'd been looking for something like this. Street performers! The french type too.
Her name is Arlette Denis and I think she's brilliant! I loved her performance so much.


Behold. It iz zhe Sacre Coeur!


When you turn around, you can see a spectacular view of the city. Down below are some steps and there's this guy that does some tricks with a soccer ball. Apparently he's really popular there.


After Sacre Coeur, we made our way back to some places to buy some souveniers we didn't dare to buy earlier because we were afraid that we wouldn't have enough cash. It took us a while but we made it back to the hotel and to the airport on time.

Security check at the airport is extremely tight. Even after my backpack was checked by a security personnel in the front and then sent through the x-ray machine thingy, another person decided to open my bag for another check. So while I'm putting all my things back into my bag and waiting for my brother (he had to take off his shoes, watch, wallet, etc. A different security personnel calls me over to have my bag checked. Again! Do I look dangerous?? I only had a bag with a DSLR camera, my ipad, a box and a teddy bear. They started shaking the box and even though I told the security to be careful with the box because inside it was a miniature notre dame which was breakable, they gave me a really weird look. Hello? If something is breakable, of course I wouldn't want you shaking it like that!  >_<   And she was even holding up my teddy bear like it had a bomb inside. I get that security is important and all that, but they just made me feel uncomfortable, pissed off, and almost late for my flight! Do you know how troublesome it is to take everything out and place everything back in 3 times? Geeze...

Overall, I guess that the airport security was the only thing that dampened my mood for this whole trip, otherwise, the whole trip was a wonderful experience.


And we're back on the plane from Paris to KL.

Au revoir Paris!



Thanks to  again for sending me on this trip. It was a wonderful experience and one that I will never forget.


If you guys want to see the rest of the trip, check out the links below:
If you wanna find out how I won this trip from Delifrance, check out the link below.

*~~~~~ ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ ~~~~~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...