Thursday 30 May 2013

Laneige Brighten-Up Global Beauty Camp in South Korea - Day 2

Gangnam Garosugil

It's day 2 of our trip to South Korea! After breakfast, we got onto the bus to head over to Gangnam Garosugil to do a little shopping. This is the place where the lyrics of PSY's "Gangnam Style" are best understood. Gangnam's hot place, Garosugil, is a unique shopping and restaurant street that cannot be seen anywhere else in the world. Garosugil is filled with various sophisticated and fancy cafes, restaurants, and fashion, beauty, and lifestyle shops.
Check me out with the Laneige Bus that took us around during our stay. Finally got a chance to take a picture.
Photo by Lee Pui Si (Laneige)
 The environment here was really relaxing and not crowded. A nice place for retail therapy. Haha... And everyone is so nice and polite. In every shop that you go to, the sales person will never fail to say "Welcome" when you enter and "Thank You" when you leave; in Korean of course. Because of that you would kind of automatically bow back at them and say "Kamsahamnida". And they are so helpful and don't follow you around like those in Malaysia. The ones in Malaysia are like stalkers watching your every movement. =P
 
 Anyone wants to have some cosmetic surgery done? Haha...
Photo by Lee Pui Si (Laneige)


I saw this cute cafe called  'Mug for RABBIT'.  =3
This is the first Starbucks I saw. Each store building is unique and has a special theme and design. Really nice.
Okay... Funny story... We were on the opposite side of the street and I saw this ad with Song Joong Ki. I kind of got a little too excited and shouted "Song Joong Ki" and quickly crossed the road. My friends with me thought that I saw the real Song Joong Ki. LOL..  XD   Even the photographer and videographer following us were laughing. One of them went "Wow... Song Joong Ki fan" and laughed. I admit, I am a fan of Song Joong Ki and he was one of the main reasons I wanted to win this trip so badly. Oppa, saranghae~
Later on, we enjoyed more Korean food at a cute place called School Food, a young, modern, quality Korean snack restaurant.
 Group photo together with the beautiful ladies from Vietnam.
This time we got to order what we wanted from the menu. Luckily there was a menu that had Chinese and English so we knew what to order. The food was delicious. Whoever is reading this, if you get to visit Garosugil, then you should try eating here. Korean food in Malaysia most definitely cannot be compared to the original Korean food. Especially the spiciness. We ordered some Dukbokki and it was so spicy I was about to cry. I was literally sniffing and my eyes got teary. That's how spicy it was for me. Haha...

 

Asian girls' makeover

Back at the hotel, we took a group photo with the bus. And today would be the last day we would be using the bus so of course, I have to take advantage of the time and take lots of photos right?  =3
Photo by Laneige
After having some fun photo shooting with the bus, we headed up to our rooms to freshen up, remove our makeup ( I don't wear any so...) and wash our face to get ready for the makeover before the photoshoot where we were all going to be transformed under the fingertips of Laneige makeup artists.
We went up to the W hotel Extreme WOW Suite Room to take our Before Pictures and it was decorated quite nicely. The suite was huge and very spacious.
After taking our Before Pictures, we had our nails done in the bedroom, then went done to the 2nd Floor Studio to get our makeup done. My makeup artist was a guy and he was really funny. He was able to speak some English so he gave me some tips about eyebrows, what colours and shades to use for makeup and how to use the Laneige Soothing BB Cushion to have a natural look. Beauty tip: If you tend to overdo the blush on your face, you can use the Laneige Soothing BB Cushion lightly over it to give yourself a more natural blush. I love the Soothing BB Cushion... Seriously love it.
Photos by Lee Pui Si (Laneige)


Asian girls' photoshoot with Laneige Homme model Song Joong-Ki

Back up to the Extreme Wow Suite Room again, the photo shooting test shots begin. And some photo taking again while we wait.  =)
 After the test shots, enters the person I've been dying to meet. Song Joong Ki!! XD *squeals like an uncontrollable fan girl* Of course, I didn't really squeal out loud lah.... Maybe just a little. Hehe... As good looking close up as he is in photographs, his skin really is the best. Even better than all the girls in the room.
Photo by Laneige
Here we're looking at some photo samples of poses that the photographer and director wanted us to pose as. We have to pose ourselves? I thought that they would help us with our poses. So... my poses were kind of awkward.
Photo by Laneige
Group shot with Song Joong Ki. Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and Vietnam. =)   I thought that we'd get to take a photo with Song Joong Ki separately meaning country by country, but this is fine too.
Yes yes.. I should have worn heels... I know now... Next time if I ever get another chance at a photoshoot like this I will definitely get myself a pair of heels.  =_=  My defense is that I'm not a girly girl so I don't really put on makeup and wear heels. I'm a regular girl who likes to wear t-shirts, jeans and sneakers.  =P
Photo by Laneige
Group photo with all the winners of the beauty camp without and with the Laneige Beauty Camp signs.

Photo by Laneige
Photo by Laneige
Each country had some pair photo shoots too.
Photo by Lee Pui Si (Laneige)
 Chosen shot by the photographer. Would have liked to have seen the other photos too.  =(
Photo by Laneige

Decided to camwhore with my makeup and hair.  =3   Am I getting better at it? Haha..  XD

Brighten-Up Gala Dinner

After the photo shoot, we had about half an hour to return to our rooms and get ready for the dinner. Makeup and hair was already set so I just had to change into my dress. Arrived at the venue at 6.30pm sharp and I was the only beauty camper there. Haha... So with my free time I started taking some pictures. Hehe...
   LANEIGE BRIGHTEN UP 
DINNER MENU

shrimp ceviche / emmental cheese / cocktail sauce avocado / baby sprout salad

leek & squash soup / sweet pumpkin chip / cappuccino foam

miso marinated black cod / fried green tea tofu / crab meat sauce

pomegranate sorbet

beef tenderloin / whole grain mustard & teriyaki sauce / mushroom, squash roll / fried saffron yam & potato

lemon & hazelnut chocolate cake / sabayon
(From top left to bottom right)

The ingredients sound a little weird right? Cappuccino foam on soup. Fried green tea tofu. But it was mouth watering. I'm usually a little picky about what I eat, but my plate was empty this time round. Which shows how delicious the food was. I tip my (figurative) hat to the chef for cooking a fabulous dinner for us.
 Group photo of the Malaysians and Singaporeans.  =3
Photo by Laneige
Photo by Lee Pui Si (Laneige)
Finally we got our specially autographed item from Song Joong Ki. Mine was on the Laneige Water Bank Essence. We also got a Digital Frame and a memory card with some photos from Day 1.
Photo by Laneige
Back up in the room to take more pictures of my dress and makeup. Then change back to my normal clothes to visit Dongdaemun! Another nice thing about this trip is that everything is blue. My fav colour. Hehe.... Check out my shockingly blue nails. =D

 

Doota, Dongdaemun

Doota Mall, a famous global fashion site for night shopping. A pretty big place where we were given an hour to shop around. I finally found a souvenier shop to buy some stuff back for my family and friends. And I saw those socks with K-POP stars on them. Tempted to buy them but they weren't really all that nice. Lots of trendy clothes for men and women, jewellery and trinkets, definitely one of the places that most tour guides will bring them to. The most surprising thing when I was there was when the people selling souveniers asked me where I'm from and suddenly spoke to me in Bahasa Melayu. Totally shocking. Apparently they took some classes to learn different languages like English, Bahasa Melayu and Chinese. I respect them for that.
Last group shot together at Doota Mall. Happy and sad moment at the same time because we were to fly home the next day.
Photo by Laneige
This was one of the souveniers that I bought at Doota Mall. Aren't they adorable little teddies? Traditionally dressed teddy bears. So cute!  ^_^


If you want to see the rest of the trip, check out the links below:



*~~~~~ ʕ→ᴥ←ʔ ~~~~~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...